I was going to post enticing and drool-worthy photos of these little gems, but I ate them. *hangs head in shame*
I've been avoiding the grocery store like the plague lately, so when I needed to make some little nibbles to bring to a friend's house for a bbq last week, I had to get a bit creative in viewing the odd lot in the fridge. I love simple foods, particularly when high quality ingredients are used, and these fit the bill. They also disappeared, which I'm taking to be a good sign. ;)
Prosciutto peaches:
Cut one ripe, but not yet squishy, peach into 8 wedges
Cut 8 1/2" x 3" or so slices of good quality prosciutto
Wrap peaches in prosciutto and prepare to feel fancy.
Sticky dates:
Cut 12 Medjool dates in half and remove the pits
Mix 2 T creamy peanut butter, 1 T honey (mine was fairly dark, from my backyard hive), and a pinch of ground cinnamon.
Fill dates with a heaping mound of peanut butter mixture.
Lick the spoon and the inside of the bowl. (hey, details are important!)
No comments:
Post a Comment