Thursday, August 1, 2013

Tour de Fleece, days 21-23

Sadly, the Tour always comes to a close with a bit of a whimper for me.  The ending weekend always falls the same weekend as the big, annual bellydance festival here in Seattle, and I spend more time performing and hooting and hollering for my friends than I do spinning.  Ah, well.  There is always more spinning time, the festival only happens once a year!

The most recent club offering from Southern Cross Fibres snuck onto the wheel after I finished plying David's Gift, mostly out of sheer laziness.  I wanted to spin, but didn't have an empty bobbin for more Bug's Life, wanted to ply Ribbons, but still don't have a Lazy Kate for a 3-bobbin ply, so.......I grabbed the fibre nearest the wheel and went with it.  This one is a nice, deep, rich bunch of blues and purples and a bit of blue that I think will work well for fingerless mitts for at least one lucky guy this Christmas (maybe two, depending on yardage).  I've never spun Texel before, in spite of having had a club offering marinating in my stash for the past year and it was a very nice surprise.  Super, super fluffy, easy to draft, it almost spins itself.  I'm basically treadling like a mad fiend, trying to keep up with the draft (a problem I never have).  This one will eventually be chain-plied to keep the colour progression and still be strong enough to stand up to the abuse all fingerless mitts seem to be subjected to.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment