Sometimes I like to treat myself to a quick & easy project, to break up the long stretches of more intricate knitting I love so much. Nice as it is to delve into a juicy cabled sweater, or a beaded shawl, they take absolutely forever for me to finish. (And if I'm sticking to that sweater-a-month goal, I'd better be throwing some instant gratification projects in!)
This spin was completed over the course of 3 days - 2 to spin the singles and 1 to ply. It used up a whole pound of fibre and cleared out a tidy little space in my ever-expanding fibre stash. This is a Wool Blend from Spunky Eclectic, in a colorway called Sumac. The wool has a nice, crisp hand to it, and a good medium-length staple, making it a low maintenance spin. Not a lot of fussing or fighting with it, just fun.
2-ply, spun Z, plied S, it weighs in at 16 oz, 285 yards, and about 4 WPI. Chunky and cheerful!


No comments:
Post a Comment