Days 1-3 of the 2019 Tour de Fleece progress! I'm working my way through the stash of Shave Em to Save Em (SE2SE) fibers that I've been stockpiling the past few months. I feel like my spinning time never seems to happen these days, so it was really nice to have an excuse to actually do it. I have let far too many of my hobbies slip the past couple of years, and it makes me sad.
I picked an easy one for my first spin - 4 oz of a Jacob roving from AvillionFarmFibers on Etsy in a nice mixed grey. It has a fair amount of VM, which I've been picking out as I go, but is a really nice spin. I used it as an excuse to practice my woolen spinning, which I'm not as good at. It holds together nicely and drafts well. I'm definitely not the fastest londraw spinner, though - it took me 3 days of sneaking in spinning time to get through all 4 ounces. Day 4, I ply!

No comments:
Post a Comment