I'm going to be honest here, days 14-16 look very much the same as days 11-13 : More white Lincoln singles. The only difference is I now have 2 bobbins full, and I have to skein them off now! Day 17 was the 2nd 'rest day' of the Tour, and since I had the afternoon off work I didn't want to waste it completely. So I washed some fleece! The first fleece to hit the spa was a Clun Forest that came from The Spinning Loft. I started out with about 9 oz and will have to give it a second weigh in when it has finished drying. It had a bit of VM and some yellowing, but was overall pretty clean and only smelled vaguely "sheepy". After 2 baths with some Unicorn Scour and 1 soaking rinse, it came out bright white and very, very fluffy. Here's a photo of the raw fleece next to a tiny bit of the first batch I washed:
I am really looking forward to getting to spin this one up - it seems very springy and light, and MUCH different than the Lincoln I've been working on.

No comments:
Post a Comment