Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Tour de Fleece 2019, Days 6-9

I swear, this really is a different bobbin than the singles from Day 1. :O  I love using natural coloured wool, but wow does it not look exciting in a photo!  This is part of a 4 oz bump of Moorit Shetland from AvillionFarmFibers on Etsy (the same vendor the Jacob came from).  It is a lightly heathered brown that is going to turn out 'tweedy' with the nepps left in.  There is minimal VM and it is a touch easier to spin than the Jacob.  I still have troubles drafting it on occasion, though, but that is honestly probably just be me.  I've been spinning it as a modified forward draw (drafting forward, but with the twist in the draft zone as much as possible).  Getting consistent drafting is definitely a work in progress.  It is going to turn out 'rustic' with some lumps and bumps.


No comments:

Post a Comment