Monday, July 22, 2019

Tour de Fleece 2019, Days 10-13

Plied and skeined the Shetland, so I could clear some bobbins.  I really need to spend a day or two just clearing off the random bits off my bobbins.  I have plenty, just never an empty one when I need it.  Next up is some Lincoln that I bought from Blue Moon Alpacas.  I have a full pound, so thought I should spin with a purpose in mind.  I found a Spin Off article about Lincoln and after reading a bit more about it decided on low-twist singles for use as weft in weaving.  It may become part of a rug or blanket, depending on how it looks finished.  I had forgotten how much I really love spinning longwool, and how quickly they come together.  The Lincoln does shed a ton when spinning, though - I had to find an apron!


No comments:

Post a Comment